Phobias – Alphabetical list
This is one of two phobia listings prepared by the Therapy Partnership. This page lists phobias alphabetical followed by a brief description. The other page catalogues in alphabetical order objects or concepts causing the fear, followed by the phobia's name or names.
Many hours of work and research have gone into trying to ensure both lists are as comprehensive and accurate as possible. We will continually try to expand and improve these pages. Inevitably some phobias will have been omitted and some of descriptions may be challenged. If you would like to suggest further phobias to be added to our pages – or would like to question the description please email email@example.com
Please note however that while the list attempts to exclude joke terms, many of the phobias listed are not officially recognised psychological definitions.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z | Top
- Ablutophobia – Fear of bathing.
- Acarophobia – Fear insects which cause itching/ alternative fear of itching. (Entomophobia or Insectophobia).
- Acerophobia – Fear tastes which are sourness, bitter or sharp.
- Achluophobia – Fear of darkness. (See also Nyctophobia, Lygophobia and Scotophobia).
- Acousticophobia – Fear of noise/sounds – including own voice.
- Acrophobia – Fear of heights. (See also Aerophobia, Altophobia, Batophobia, Hypsiphobia, Hyposophobia).
- Aeroacrophobia – Fear of open spaces and or high places. See also Altophobia.
- Aeronausiphobia – Fear of vomiting due to airsickness. (See also Emtephobia.)
- Aerophobia – Fear of flying. (See also Aviophobia, Aeruophobia, Aviatophobia or Pteromerhanophobia or Pteromechanophobia). In addition see below for different but related phobia with same spelling.
- Aerophobia – Fear of drafts or fresh air. (See also Anemophobia and Ancraophobia.) In addition see above for different but related phobia with same spelling.
- Agliophobia – Fear of pain. Agraphobia – fear of sexual abuse (Also Contreltophobia).
- Agoraphobia – Fear of open spaces or crowds.
- Agraphobia – Fear of – sexual abuse/ rape/abuse relationship.
- Agrizoophobia – Fear of wild animals.
- Agyrophobia – fear of crossing roads. (See also Dromophobia)
- Aibohphobia – fear of palindromes.
- Aichmophobia – Fear of needles or pointed objects. (See also Balenephobia, Enetophobia or Trypanophobia)
- Ailurophobia – Fear of cats. (Also see Gatophobia & Felinophobia)
- Albuminurophobia – Fear of possible kidney malfunction and/or kidney complications.
- Alektorophobia – Fear of chickens or of being attacked by chickens.
- Algophobia – fear of pain. (Also Ponophobia, Odynophobia or Odynephobia)
- Alliumphobia – Fear of garlic.
- Allodoxaphobia – Fear of other people's opinions / confrontations / arguments.
- Altophobia – Fear of heights. See also Aeroacrophobia.
- Amathophobia – Fear of dust.
- Amaxophobia – Fear of being a car passenger or riding in a car.
- Ambulophobia – Fear of walking – (See also Basistasiphobia or Basophobia)
- Amnesiphobia – Fear of amnesia; fear of forgetting.
- Amychophobia – Fear of scratching or being scratched or clawed.
- Anablephobia – Fear of looking up or looking into the sky.
- Anatidaephobia – Fear of being watched by ducks.
- Ancraophobia – Fear of wind or drafts. See also Anemophobia.
- Androphobia – Fear of men. (Also Arrhenphobia or Hominophobia)
- Anemophobia – Fear of wind or drafts or air. See also Ancraophobia.
- Anginophobia – Fear of angina or choking.
- Anglophobia – Fear of England, English culture. Can also be prejudice against British people.
- Angrophobia – Fear of anger or of becoming angry.
- Ankylophobia – Fear of joint immobility.
- Anthophobia – Fear of flowers.
- Anthrophobia – Fear of people.
- Anthropophobia – Fear of people or society.
- Antlophobia – Fear of floods.
- Anuptaphobia – Fear of staying single.
- Apeirophobia– Fear of infinity.
- Aphenphosmphobia – Fear of being touched. (Also Haphephobia, Haptephobia, Chiraptophobia, Thixophobia)
- Apiphobia – Fear of bees (See also Melissophobia)
- Aquaphobia – Fear of water (Also Hydrophobia)
- Arachibutyrophobia. – Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of one's mouth.
- Arachnophobia – Fear of spiders.
- Arithmophobia – Fear of numbers.
- Astraphobia – Fear of thunder and lightening.
- Ataxophobia – Fear of disorder or untidiness.
- Atelophobia – Fear of imperfection.
- Atychiphobia – Fear of failure. (See also Kakorrhaphiophobia)
- Autophobia – Fear of being alone. (See also Eremophobia or Monophobia)
- Angrophobia – Fear of anger or of becoming angry.
- Ankylophobia – Fear of immobility of a joint.
- Antlophobia – Fear of floods.
- Anuptaphobia – Fear of staying single.
- Apeirophobia – Fear of infinity.
- Aquaphobia. – Fear of water. (See also Hydrophobia)
- Arachibutyrophobia – Fear of peanut butter (specifically sticking to roof of mouth)
- Arithmophobia – Fear of numbers (See also Numerophobia)
- Arrhenphobia – Fear of men. (Also Androphobia or Hominophobia)
- Astraphobia – Fear of thunder, lightning and storms (Also Brontophobia or Keraunophobia)
- Astrophobia –
Fear of interstella space.
- Asymmetriphobia –
Fear of asymmetrical things,
- Ataxiophobia –Fear of disorder, untidiness, chaos; (See also Ataxophobia)
- Ataxiophobia –
Fear of muscular in-coordination.
- Ataxophobia –
Fear of disorder or untidiness. (See also 1st Ataxiophobia).
- Atelophobia –
Fear of imperfection or defects. (See also Harmartophobia)
- Atephobia –
Fear of ruin or ruins.
- Athazagoraphobia – Fear of forgetting, of being forgotten or ignored.
- Atomosophobia –
Fear of atomic explosions.
- Atychiphobia –
Fear of failure (refiusal to take risks).(See also Kakorrhaphiophobia).
- Aulophobia – Fear of flutes.
- Aurophobia – Fear of gold.
- Auroraphobia – Fear of Northern Lights.
- Autodysomophobia – Fear of having or emitting a vile odor.
- Automatonophobia – Fear of ventriloquist's dummies, animatronic creatures, representions of sentient beings.
- Automysophobia – Fear of being dirty, unclean, or smelling bad.
- Autophobia – Fear of loneliness, being alone or of solitude.
- Aviatophobia – Fear of flying. (See also Aeruophobia, Aerophobia, Aviatophobia or Pteromerhanophobia or Pteromechanophobia.
- Aviophobia – See above
- Bacillophobia – fear of microbes. (Also Bacteriophobia, Microbiophobia
- Bacteriophobia – Fear of bacteria.
- Balenephobia – Fear of sharply pointed objects, especially needles. (See also Aichmophobia, Enetophobia or Trypanophobia)
- Ballistophobia – Fear of missles or bullets.
- Barophobia – Fear of gravity.
- Basistasiphobia – Fear of walking. (See also Ambulophobia or Basophobia)
- Basophobia – Fear of walking. (See also Ambulophobia or Basistasiphobia)
- Bathmophobia – Fear of stairs or steep slopes.
- Bathophobia – Fear of depth.
- Batonophobia – Fear of plants.
- Batophobia – Fear of heights, being near object of great height, such as skyscraper or mountain.
- Batrachophobia – Fear of amphibians.
- Belonephobia – Fear of pins and needles.
- Bibliophobia – Fear of books.
- Blennophobia – Fear of slime. (See also Myxophobia)
- Bogyphobia – Fear of bogies or the bogeyman
- Bolshephobia – Fear of bolsheviks.
- Botanophobia – Fear of plants
- Bromidrosiphobia – Fear one's own sweat or body odor is vile to others.
- Brontophobia – Fear of thunder, lightning and storms (Also Astraphobia or Keraunophobia)
- Bufonophobia – Fear of toads.
- Cacophobia – Fear of ugliness.
- Cainophobia – Fear of anything new or novel (See also Kainophobia)
- Caligynephobia – Fear of beautiful women. (See also Venustraphobia)
- Cancerophobia – Fear of cancer.
- Carcinophobia – Fear of cancer.
- Cardiophobia – Fear of of heart conditions, heart disease.
- Carnophobia – Fear of meat.
- Catagelophobia – Fear of being ridiculed.
- Catapedaphobia – Fear of jumping from high and low places.
- Cathisophobia – Fear of sitting. (See also Thaasophobia).
- Catoptrophobia – Fear of mirrors or one's own reflection. (See also Eisoptrophobia).
- Cats – Ailurophobia.
- Cenophobia – Fear of new things or ideas.
- Ceraunophobia – Fear of thunder and lightning.
- Chaetophobia – Fear of hair. (See also Trichopathophobia, Trichophobia, Hypertrichophobia)
- Cheimaphobia – Fear of cold.( See also Cheimatophobia, Cryophobia, Sychrophobia, Psychorophobia).
- Chemophobia – Fear of chemicals or working with chemicals.
- Cherophobia – Fear of gaiety.
- Chionophobia – Fear of snow.
- Chiraptophobia – Fear of being touched. (Also Aphenphosmphobia, Haphephobia, Haptephobia)
- Chiroptophobia – Fear of bats.
- Cholerophobia – Fear of anger or the fear of cholera.
- Chorophobia – Fear of dancing.
- Chrematophobia – Fear of money. (See also Chrometophobia)
- Chrometophobia – See above
- Chromophobia – Fear of colours / bright lights.
- Chronomentrophobia – Fear of clocks.
- Chronophobia – Fear of time or time passing.
- Cibophobia – Aversion to food, (Also Sitophobia)
- Claustrophobia – Fear of confined spaces.
- Cleisiophobia – Fear of being locked in an enclosed place.
- Cleithrophobia – Fear of being enclosed.
- Cleptophobia – Fear of stealing. (See also Kleptophobia).
- Climacophobia – Fear of stairs, climbing or of falling downstairs.
- Clinophobia – Fear of going to bed.
- Cnidophobia – Fear of stings.
- Coimetrophobia – Fear of cemeteries.
- Coitophobia – Fear of sexual intercourse (Also Genophobia)
- Cometophobia – Fear of comets.
- Contreltophobia – Fear of sexual abuse.
- Coprastasophobia – Fear of constipation.
- Coprophobia – Fear of faeces & faecal matter. (see also Scatophobia)
- Coulrophobia – Fear of clowns (of different types not just "evil")
- Counterphobia – The preference by a phobic for fearful situations.
- Cremnophobia – Fear of precipices.
- Cryophobia – Fear of extreme cold, ice or frost.
- Crystallophobia – Fear of glass or crystals.
- Cyberphobia – Fear of computers.
- Cyberphobia – Fear of computers or working on a computer. (See also Logizomechanophobia)
- Cyclophobia – Fear of bicycles.
- Cymophobia – Fear of waves or wave like motions. (Also Kymophobia)
- Cynophobia – Fear of dogs.
- Cyprianophobia – Fear of prostitutes or venereal disease. (Also Cypridophobia & Cypriphobia)
- Daemonophobia – Fear of demons. (See also Demonophobia)
- Decidophobia – fear of making decisions.
- Defecaloesiphobia - Fear of painful bowels movements.
- Deipnophobia – Fear of dining and dinner conversation.
- Dematophobia – Fear of skin lesions.
- Dementophobia – Fear of insanity. (See also Maniaphobia)
- Demonophobia – Fear of demons. (See also Daemonophobia)
- Demophobia – Fear of crowds. (See also Ochlophobia and Enochlophobia)
- Dendrophobia – Fear of trees.
- Dentophobia – Fear of dentists. (See also Odontophobia).
- Dermatophathophobia - Fear of skin disease. (Also
- Dextrophobia – Fear of right side / things on the right side of the body.
- Diabetophobia - Fear of diabetes.
- Didaskaleinophobia – Fear of going to school. (See also Scolionophobia)
- Diderodromophobia - Fear of trains, railroads or train travel.
- Dikephobia - Fear of justice.
- Dinophobia - Fear of dizziness or whirlpools.
- Diplophobia - Fear of double vision.
- Dipsophobia - Fear drinking (alcohol).
- Dishabiliophobia - Fear of undressing in front of someone.
- Disposophobia – Fear of discarding possessions. (Compulsive hoarding)
- Domatophobia – Fear of houses. (See also Ecophobia, Eicophobia & Oikophobia)
- Doraphobia – Fear of fur or skins of animals.
- Doxophobia – Fear of expressing opinions or of receiving praise.
- Dromophobia – Fear of crossing streets. (see also Agyrophobia)
- Dutchphobia – Fear of the Dutch.
- Dysmorphophobia – Fear of deformity or unattractive body image
- Dystychiphobia – Fear of accidents.
- Ecclesiophobia – Fear of church.
- Ecophobia – Fear of the home. (See also Domatophobia, Eicophobia & Oikophobia
- Eicophobia - Fear of home surroundings.
- Eisoptrophobia – Fear of mirrors or seeing oneself in a mirror. (See also Catoptrophobia)
- Electrophobia - Fear of electricity.
- Eleutherophobia – .Fear of freedom.
- Elurophobia – Fear of cats.
- Emetophobia – Fear of vomiting.
- Enetophobia – Fear of pins. (See also Aichmophobia, Balenephobia or Trypanophobia)
- Enissophobia - Fear of criticism.
- Enochlophobia – Fear of crowds. (See also Ochlophobia and Demophobia)
- Entomophobia – Fear of insects.(See also Acarophobia & Insectophobia).
- Eosophobia – Fear of dawn.
- Ephebiphobia – Fear of teenagers.or adolescents.
- Epistaxiophobia - Fear of nosebleeds.
- Epistemophobia – Fear of knowledge. (See also Gnosiophobia)
- Equinophobia – Fear of horses. (See also Hippophobia)
- Eremophobia – Fear of being alone, loneilness. (See also Autophobia & Monophobia)
- Ereuthrophobia – Fear of blushing.
- Ergasiophobia or Ergophobia – fear of work or functioning.
- Ereuthophobia – Fear of the colour red.
- Erotophobia – fear of sexual love.
- Erythrophobia - Fear of redlights. Fear of blushing. Fear of red.
- Erytophobia- Fear of redlights or blushing.
- Euphobia - Fear of hearing good news.
- Eurotophobia - Fear of female genitalia.
- Febriphobia or Fibriphobia or Fibriophobia – Fear of fever.
- Falainaphobia – Fear whales.
- Febriphobia – Fear of fever. (Also Fibriphobia or Fibriophobia)
- Felinophobia – Fear of cats. (Also Ailurophobia, Elurophobia, Galeophobia, Gatophobia)
- Feretrophobia – Fear of coffins.
- Fykiaphobia – Fear of seaweed.
- Foniasophobia – Fear of serial killers / murderers..
- Fotografiki michaniophobia – Fear of cameras / having photograph taken.
- Francophobia – Fear of France, French culture. ( See also Gallophobia, Galiophobia)
- Friggatriskaidekaphobia – Fear of Friday the 13rh. (See also Paraskavedekatriaphobia).
- Frigophobia – Fear of cold, cold things.
- Fyllophobia – The fear of a leaf or of leaves.
- Francophobia – Fear of France or French culture
- Galeophobia – Fear of cats. (See also Aclurophobia, Ailurophobia, Elurophobia, Felinophobia, Gatophobia)
- Gallophobia – Fear of France or the French. (See also Francophobia & Galiophobia)
- Gamophobia – Fear of marriage
- Gatophobia – Fear of cats. (Also see Aclurophobia, Ailurophobia, Elurophobia, Felinophobia, Galeophobia).
- Geliophobia – Fear of laughter.
- Gelotophobia – fear of being laughed at.
- Geniophobia – Fear of chins.
- Genophobia – Fear sex (Also Coitophobia)
- Genuphobia – Fear of knees or kneecaps.
- Gephyrophobia – Fear of bridges / crossing bridges
- Gerascophobia – Fear of growing old / ageing.
- Gerontophobia – Fear of old people or ear of growing old).
- Germanophobia – Fear of Germany, German culture
- Geumaphobia – Fear of taste. (See also Geumophobia).
- Geumaphobia – Fear of taste. (See also Geumaphobia).
- Globophobia – Fear of balloons.
- Glossophobia – Fear of speaking in public.
- Gnosiophobia – Fear of knowledge. (See also Epistemophobia),
- Gynophobia – Fear of women.
- Geliophobia – Fear of laughter or being subject of laughter.
- Geniophobia – Fear of chins.
- Genophobia – Fear of sex.
- Genuphobia – Fear of knees or knee caps.
- Germanophobia – Fear of German or German things. (See also Teutophobia).
- Geumaphobia – Fear of taste.
- Gounaphobia – Fear of fur or fur items. (See also Doraphobia).
- Gnosiophobia - Fear of knowledge. (See also Epistemophobia)
- Graphophobia – Fear of writing.
- Gymnophobia – Fear of nudity.
- Gynophobia – Fear of women.
- Hadephobia - Fear of hell. (See also Stygiophobia or Stigiophobia)
- Hagiophobia – Fear of religious relics / holy things.
- Halitophobia – Fear of bad breath.
- Hamartophobia - Fear of sinning.
- Haphephobia – Fear of being touched (Also Aphenphosmphobia, Haptephobia or Chiraptophobia)
- Harmartophobia – Fear of errors (See also Atelophobia)
- Harpaxophobia - Fear of being robbed.
- Hedonophobia - Fear of feeling pleasure
- Heliophobia – Fear of the sun / sunlight. (Also Phengophobia)
- Hellenologophobia - Fear of Greek terms or complex scientific terminology.
- Helmintophobia – Fear of being infested with worms
- Hemaphobia –Fear of the sight of blood
- Hemophobia – Fear of blood.
- Hereiophobia or Heresyphobia – Fear of challenges to official doctrine or of radical deviation.
- Herpetophobia – Fear of reptiles.
- Heterophobia - Fear of the opposite sex.
- Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia – fear of the number 666.
- Hierophobia – Fear of holy people, sacred objects.
- Hippophobia – Fear of horses. (See also Equinophobia)
- Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia – Fear of long words. (See also Macroxenoglossophobia)
- Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia – (As above)
- Hobophobia – Fear of tramps, down-and-outs or beggars.
- Hodophobia – Fear of road travel.
- Homichlophobia – Fear of fog.
- Homilophobia - Fear of sermons.
- Hominophobia - Fear of men.
- Homophobia – Fear of homosexuals or homosexual relationships.
- Hoplophobia – Fear of firearms or weapons.
- Hormephobia – Fear of shock.
- Homichlophobia – Fear of fog. (See also Nebulaphobia)
- Homilophobia – Fear of sermons.
- Hominophobia – Fear of men. (Also Arrhenphobia or Androphobia)
- Hydrargyophobia - Fear of mercuial medicines.
- Hydrophobia – Fear of water. (Also Aquaphobia (Also term for rabies)
- Hydrophobophobia - Fear of rabies.
- Hyelophobia - Fear of glass.
- Hygrophobia - Fear of liquids, moisture or dampness.
- Hylephobia - Fear of materialism or of epilepsy.
- Hylephobia - Fear of materialism or the fear of epilepsy.
- Hylophobia – Fear of trees, forests or wood. (See also Xylophobia and Ylophobia)
- Hypertrichophobia – Fear of excessive body hair. (See also Chaetophobia Trichopathophobia, Trichophobia)
- Hypnophobia – Fear of sleep or being hypnotised. (See also Somniphobia)
- Hypegiaphobia - Fear of responsibility.
- Hypengyophobia - Fear of responsibility.
- Hypsiphobia - Fear of height. (See also Acrophobia, Altophobia, Batophobia)
- Iatrophobia – Fear of doctors.
- Ichthyophobia – Fear of fish or eating fish or or ritual/cultural avoidance of fish.
- Ideophobia - Fear of ideas.
- Illyngophobia - Fear of vertigo. (Not necessarily fear of heights).
- Insectophobia – Fear of insects. (See also Acarophobia or Entomophobia)
- Ichthyophobia – Fear of fish.
- Ideophobia – Fear of ideas.
- Illyngophobia – Fear of vertigo or feeling dizzy when looking down.
- Iophobia – Fear of poison.
- Ipovlopsychophobia – Fear/averesion to having one’s photograph taken.
- Islamophobia – Fear of Muslims / the Islamic religion
- Isolophobia - Fear of solitude, being alone.
- Isopterophobia - Fear of termites, insects that eat wood.
- Ithyphallophobia - Fear of seeing, thinking about, or having an erect penis. (See also Medorthophobia)
- Japanophobia – Fear of Japanese.
- Judeophobia – Fear of Jews
- Kainophobia – Fear of anything new or novel (See also Cainophobia)
- Kakorrhaphiophobia – Fear of failure. (See also Atychiphobia and Atelophobia)
- Katagelophobia – Fear of ridicule. (See also Catagelophobia)
- Kathisophobia – Fear of sitting down.
- Katsaridaphobia – Fear of cockroaches.
- Kenophobia – Fear of voids or empty spaces.
- Keraunophobia – Fear of thunder, lightning and storms (Also Astraphobia or Brontophobia)
- Kinesiophobia — Fear of movement or motion. (Also Kinetophobia)
- Kleptophobia - Fear of stealing or being stolen from. (See also Cleptophobia).
- Klismaphobia - Fear of Enemas.
- Koinoniphobia – Fear of rooms.
- Kolpophobia – Fear genitals, (particularly female).
- Kopophobia – Fear of fatigue.
- Koniophobia – Fear of dust. (Amathophobia)
- Kosmikophobia – Fear of cosmic phenomenon.
- Koumpounophobia – Fear of buttons.
- Kymophobia – Fear of waves. (See also Cymophobia)
- Kynophobia – Fear of rabies.
- Kyphophobia – Fear of stooping.
- Lachanophobia – Fear of vegetables.
- Laliophobia - Fear of speaking. (Also Lalophobia)
- Lepraphobia - Fear of leprosy.
- Leukophobia – Fear of the colour white.
- Levophobia – Fear of objects to the left side of the body. (See also Sinistrophobia)
- Ligyrophobia - Fear of loud noises.
- Lilapsophobia - Fear of tornadoes or hurricanes.
- Limnophobia - Fear of lakes.
- Linonophobia - Fear of string.
- Liticaphobia - Fear of lawsuits.
- Lipophobia – Fear of fatty food.
- Liticaphobia – Fear of lawsuits.
- Lockiophobia - Fear fo childbirth.
- Logizomechanophobia - Fear of computers. (See also Cyberphobia)
- Logophobia – Fear of words. (See also Verbophobia)
- Luiphobia – Fear of syphilis. (See also Syphilophobia)
- Lutraphobia – Fear of otters.
- Lygophobia – Fear of darkness, usually among children.. (See also Nyctophobia, Scotophobia and Achluophobia)
- Lyssophobia - Fear of rabies / becoming insane. (see also Hydrophobophobia, Hydrophobia
- Macroxenoglossophobia – Fear of long, strange words. (See also Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia)
- Mageirocophobia – Fear of cooking.
- Maniaphobia – Fear of insanity or going insane. (See also Dementophobia)
- Mastigophobia – Fear punishment or flogging. (See also Poinephobia)
- Medorthophobia – Fear of erect penis. (See also Ithyphallophobia)
- Megalophobia – Fear of large/oversized objects.
- Melanophobia – Fear of the colour black.
- Melissophobia – Fear of bees (See also Apiphobia)
- Melophobia – Fear of music.
- Metathesiophobia – Fear of making changes. (See also Tropophobia)
- Metrophobia – Fear of poetry.
- Microphobia – Fear of small things.
- Microbiophobia – fear of bacteria and microbes. (Also Bacillophobia, Bacteriophobia)
- Mysophobia – Also fear of bacteria and microbes.
- Misophobia or Mysophobia – Fear of being contaminated with dirt or germs.
- Mnemophobia – Fear of memories.
- Molysmophobia or Molysomophobia – Fear of dirt or contamination.
- Monophobia – Fear of solitude or being alone. (See also Autophobia & Eremophobia)
- Monopathophobia – Fear of definite disease.
- Motorphobia – Fear of automobiles.
- Mottephobia – Fear of moths.
- Musophobia or Muriphobia – Fear of mice.
- Myxophobia – Fear of slime. (See also Blennophobia)
- Nebulaphobia – Fear of fog. (See also Homichlophobia)
- Necrophobia – Fear of death or dead things.
- Noctiphobia – Fear of the night.
- Nomatophobia – Fear of names. (See also Onomatophobia)
- Nomophobia – Fear of not having mobile phone or computer.
- Novercaphobia – Fear of your step–mother.
- Nucleomituphobia – Fear of nuclear weapons.
- Nudophobia – Fear of nudity.
- Numerophobia – Fear of numbers. (See also Arithmophobia)
- Nephophobia – Fear of clouds.
- Nosocomephobia – Fear of hospitals.
- Nyctohylophobia – Fear of forests, dark wooded area at night. ( See also Achluophobia and Scotophobia)
- Obesophobia – Fear of gaining weight.
- Ochlophobia – Fear of crowds. (See also Enochlophobia, Demophobia)
- Ochophobia – Fear of vehicles.
- Octophobia – Fear of the figure 8.
- Odontophobia – fear of dentists / dental procedures. (See also Dentophobia)
- Odynophobia – Fear of pain. (Also Algophobia, Odynephobia, Ponophobia)
- Oikophobia,– Aversion to home surroundings
- Ombrophobia – Fear of rain.
- Ommatophobia– Fear of eyes. (See also Ommatophobia)
- Ommetaphobia – Fear of eyes. (See also Ommetaphobia)
- Omniphobia – Fear of everything. (See also Panophobia or Pantophobia
- Omphalophobia – Fear of belly button (Maybe reminder used to be connected to one's mother)
- Oneirophobia – Fear of dreams.
- Oneirogmophobia – Fear of wet dreams.
- Onomatophobia – Fear of hearing a certain word or of names. (See also Nomatophobia)
- Ophidiophobia – Fear of snakes.
- Ophthalmophobia – Fear of being stared at. (See also Scopophobia)
- Optophobia – Fear of opening one's eys.
- Ophthalmophobia – Fear of being stared at.
- Ornithophobia – Fear of birds.
- Ostraconophobia – Fear of shellfish.
- Ouranophobia – Fear of heaven. (See also Uranophobia)
- Ovophobia – Fear of Eggs.
- Panophobia – Fear of anything or everything. Non-specific fear (Also Pantophobia(See also Omniphobia)
- Papaphobia – Fear of the Pope
- Papyrophobia – Fear of paper.
- Paraskavedekatriaphobia – Fear of Friday the 13th (See also Friggatriskaidekaphobia).
- Parthenophobia – Fear of girlsm especially virgins,
- Pathophobia – Fear of disease.
- Pedophobia – Fear of children.
- Pediophobia – Fear of dolls.
- Peladophobia – Fear of bald people.
- Pentheraphobia – Fear of mother-in-law.
- Phasmophobia – Fear of ghosts.
- Phengophobia – Fear sunshine or daylight. (Also Heliophobia)
- Philophobia – Fear of love.
- Phobophobia – Fear of fear or phobias.
- Phonophobia – Fear of one's own voice or of any sound.
- Photophobia – Fear of light
- Phronemophobia – Fear of thinking
- Podophobia – Fear of feet.
- Pogonophobia – Fear of beards.
- Poinephobia – Fear of punishment. (See also Mastigophobia)
- Ponophobia – Fear of pain .(Also Algophobia, Odynophobia or Odynephobia
- Patroiophobia – Fear of heredity.
- Parturiphobia – Fear of childbirth.
- Porphyrophobia – Fear of the colour purple.
- Proctophobia – Fear of rectum or rectal diseases (See also Rectophobia)
- Pteridophobia – Fear of ferns.
- Pteromerhanophobia – Fear of flying. (See also Aviatophobia, Aeruophobia, Aerophobia, Aviatophobia or or Pteromechanophobia.)
- Pteronophobia – fear of feathers or being tickled by feathers.
- Pyrophobia – Fear of fire.
- Quadraphobia – Fear of the number four
- Quadriplegiphobia – Fear of quadriplegics or fear of becoming a quadriplegic.
- Quintaphobia – Fear of the number five.
- Ranidaphobia – Fear of frogs.
- Rectophobia – Fear of rectum or rectal diseases. (See also Proctophobia)
- Rhabdaphobia – Fear of severe punishment or of being beaten by a rod,
- Rhypophobia – Fear of defecation.
- Rhytiphobia – Fear of getting wrinkles.
- Rupophobia – Fear of dirt.
- Scatophobia – Fear of excretion, horror of feces. (See also Coprophobia)
- Sciaphobia – Fear of shadows. (See also Sciophobia)
- Sciophobia – Fear of shadows. (See also Sciaphobia)
- Scoleciphobia – Fear worms or anything looking like a worm,
- Scolionophobia – Fear of school.
- Scopophobia – Fear of being stared at. (See also Ophthalmophobia)
- Scotophobia– Fear of darkness. (See also Achluophobia abd Nyctophobia)
- Sedatephobia – Fear of silence.
- Selenophobia – Fear of the moon.
- Siderodromophobia –
Fear of trains, railways.
- Sinistrophobia – Fear of objects to the left side of the body. (See also Levophobia)
- Sitophobia – aversion to food, (Also Cibophobia)
- Scotomaphobia – Fear of blindness in visual field.
- Scotophobia – Fear of darkness.
- Scriptophobia – Fear of writing in public.
- Selachophobia – Fear of sharks.
- Selaphobia – Fear of light flashes.
- Selenophobia – Fear of the moon.
- Seplophobia – Fear of decaying matter.
- Sesquipedalophobia – Fear of long words.
- Sexophobia – Fear of the opposite sex.
- Sinophobia – Fear of China, Chinese culture.
- Sitophobia – Fear of food/eating (See also Cibophobia).
- Sociophobia – Fear of social evaluation. social gatherings.
- Somniphobia – Fear of sleep. (See also Hypnophobia)
- Sophophobia – Fear of learning
- Soteriophobia – Fear of dependence on others.
- Spacephobia – Fear of outer space.
- Spectrophobia – Fear of specters, ghosts or nightmarish images
- Spermatophobia – Fear of germs.
- Spheksophobia – Fear of wasps.
- Stasibasiphobia – Fear of standing or walking.
- Staurophobia–Fear of crosses or the crucifix.
- Stenophobia–Fear of narrow things or places.
- Stygiophobia – Fear of hell. (Also Stigiophobia)
- Suriphobia–Fear of mice.
- Swinophobia – Fear of pigs,
- Symbolophobia – Fear of symbolism.
- Symmetrophobia – Fear of symmetry.
- Syngenesophobia – Fear of relatives.
- Syphilophobia – Fear of syphilis. (See also Luiphobia)
- Tachophobia – Fear of speed.
- Tachydaktylourgosophobiaophobia – Fear of jugglers, or items used for juggling.
- Taeniophobia – Fear of tapeworms.
- Taphephobia – Fear of being buried alive or of cemeteries. (Also Taphophobia)
- Tapinophobia–Fear of being contagious.
- Taurophobia–Fear of bulls.
- Technophobia – Fear of technology.
- Teleophobia – Fear of anything dealing with final causes or definite ends.
- Telephonophobia - Fear of making or taking telephone calls. (See also Phonophobia).
- Teratophobia - Fear of bearing a malformed child.
- Testophobia – Fear of taking tests.
- Tetanophobia – Fear of lockjaw, tetanus.
- Teutophobia – Fear of German or German things. (See also Germanophobia)
- Textophobia – Fear of certain fabrics.
- Thaasophobia – Fear of sitting. (See also Cathisophobia).
- Thalassophobia - Fear of the sea.
- Thanatophobia - Fear of death.
- Theatrophobia–Fear of theatres.
- Theologicophobia – Fear of theology.
- Theophobia–Fear of gods or religion.
- Thermophobia–Fear of heat.
- Thixophobia –
Fear of being touched. (See also Aphephobia, Haphephobia – Haptephobia
- Tocophobia or Tokophobia – Fear of pregnancy or childbirth.
- Tomophobia – Fear of surgical operations.
- Tonitrophobia – Fear of thunder.
- Topophobia – Fear of particular place or locality.
- Toxicophobia – Fear of being poisoned.
- Transphobia – Fear of transexuals
- Traumatophobia – Fear of injury.
- Tremophobia – Fear of trembling.
- Trichinophobia – Fear of developing trichinosis.
- Trichopathophobia – Fear of hair (Also Chaetophobia, Trichophobia, or Hypertrichophobia.)
- Trichopathophobia – Fear of hair disease. (See also Chaetophobia, Trichophobia, Hypertrichophobia)
- Trichophobia – Fear of loose hairs on clothing.
- Triskadekaphobia – Fear of the number 13.
- Tropophobia – Fear of moving or making changes. (See also Metathesiophobia)
- Trypanophobia – Fear of injections. (See also Aichmophobia, Balenephobia or Enetophobia)
- Trypophobia – Fear of holes, especially irregular patterns.
- Tuberculophobia–Fear of tuberculosis.
- Turophobia – Fear of cheese (Especially by those who are lactose intolerant)
- Tyrannophobia – Fear of tyrants.
- Trypophobia – Fear of smal, clusteredl holes (also called repetitive pattern phobia)
- Uranophobia –Fear of heaven. (See also Ouranophobia)
- Urophobia–Fear of urine or urinating.
- Vaccinophobia – Fear of vaccination.
- Venustraphobia – Fear of beautifu/attractivel women. (See also Caligynephobia)
- Verbophobia - Fear of words. (See also Logophobia)
- Verminophobia – Fear of germs.
- Vestiphobia – Fear of clothing.
- Virginitiphobia – Fear of rape.
- Vitricophobia – Fear of step–father.
- Walloonphobia–Fear of the Walloons.
- Wiccaphobia – Fear of witches and witchcraft.
- Xanthophobia–Fear of the colour yellow or the word yellow.
- Xenoglossophobia–Fear of foreign languages.
- Xenophobia – Fear of strangers or foreigners.
- Xyrophobia–Fear of razors.
- Xerophobia–Fear of dryness.
- Xylophobia – Fear of trees, forests or wood. (See also Hylophobia and Ylophobia)
- Ylophobia – Fear of trees, forests or wood. (See also Hylophobia and Xylophobia)